Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Digital Photography Tips

I like to edit my digital images on the computer - my digital darkroom - to fix color temperature and lighting problems. I am passionate about not using my flash unless ABSOLUTELY necessary, so I often have photos that need special corrections on the computer!

I got passionate about NOT using the flash after reading a few books by Nick Kelsh (he's my hero!) His books have inspired me to become a much better amateur (in my humble opinion) photographer. Some of his best books are:
Anyway, I've noticed that some of my "corrections" that look great on screen don't look so good when I get the finished prints back from Snapfish (my favorite online photo-processor).

So I am looking into getting a ColorVision Spyder2 (color monitor calibration) It comes with a tool that you hook up to your monitor so it can "teach" your monitor how to display colors correctly to give you more of a "what you see it what you get" experience.

No comments: