Saturday, June 03, 2006

Flickr Fun

Flickr is a photo sharing website. You can upload your photos and images there and share them with family - with friends - with the world.

There are easy ways to then add your photos to your blog or share them on a Squidoo Lens. I find the most fun is viewing other people's photographs - there's some might cool stuff out there.

When you upload photos to Flickr, you have the option to set the Creative Commons licensing on it. This means you can reserve all rights to the photos or share them with an open licensing. I've set all my photos to attribution-share alike. This means that anyone can use my photos on their website, brochure, whatever, as long as they "attribute" the photo to me and give me credit. Of course, there's a certain amount of "honor system" going on here. But I make it a point to only use royalty-free of attribution-share alike photos when I am developing web materials and I certainly hope others do the same.

No comments: